The leaves from our big oak tree in the front yard started to fall out more, covering our hangout spot, so Israel was quite excited about something new he could fit into his mouth. And I was excited to finally be putting on some of his cute winter attire. Love this cowl!
Also, my animated Izz said his first word, 'dada'. Whoop-de-do, now it's 'mama's turn. Only kidding! It was a memorable moment for our books.
November marks 1 month that Israel has been overly clingy. This never ending reign of terror (or so it seems) all started on his 6 month birthday. "Mom left the room? She's never coming back!" *sob* "Mom let someone else hold me? She's never going to take me back!" *sob* "Mom isn't laying by me? I'll be alone forever!" *sob*
I must admit, it's adorable how he wants his momma most of the time, but sometimes I could pull my hair out. I need some space; some me time. But, like I said, it has it's perks... :)
My beautiful niece, Blakely Rose, had her 1st birthday in November, also. It was an adorable party full of mason jar salads, pink cupcakes, carnival caramel popcorn, a pink rose cake, and complete with a ball pit for all the babes. I'm so glad my family is so creative and crafty! She had cards out with a note instructing people to write a note or a piece of advice for Blakely to read on her 18th birthday. ♥
Last, but most definitely not least, November brought Thanksgiving. We went a few miles to my Aunt and Uncles for an afternoon lunch to celebrate with my mother's side of the family. A few hours later we drove 45 miles west to celebrate Thanksgiving with my husband's boisterous family. Then, to conclude our Thanksgiving day, we drove 56 miles east to celebrate with my Dad's side. I feel most connected with them. My two cousins and I were all very close in age and grew up together. I have so many great memories with them, from when Brooke ate the dreaded "yellow snow" in Tennessee, to when we put on a grand Christmas play for our parents. This is cliché, but I am so very thankful for my family and the marvelous memories we've all created. I can't wait to watch Israel do the same with his cousins.





No comments:
Post a Comment